Saturday, February 27, 2010

Black Spots in the Eye - Cause and Natural Treatment

The eye consists of two segments, the anterior segment which lies in front of the lens and is filled with aqueous humor while the posterior segment is filled with vitreous humor. During childhood, the vitreous is clear and is jellylike material. Later in life, vitreous normally will undergo liquefaction and changed from jellylike material to fluid like material in a process called vitreous syneresis and this will cause the collage fibers within the vitreous to form strands. With each eye movements, those strands will also move, causing floaters.

Another normal mechanism of floaters is posterior vitreous detachments. Normally there are adhesions between the vitreous and the retina and for some reasons like old ages, myopia and trauma; these adhesion's will be released causing vitreous detachments from the retina. Vitreous will collapse inside the posterior segment of the eye and with each eye movements, collapsed vitreous will move, causing floaters.

Posterior vitreous detachment is normally present in old ages and also in myopic patients. Usually it occurs without complications and only the patients will complain of floaters which usually will disappear from few weeks to month later. Sometimes, posterior vitreous detachment from the retina is incomplete, in which some parts will remain attached to the retina, causing traction on the retina. This traction will be noticed by the patient as flashes of lights and with time, this traction can lead to retinal detachment.

Note: Any patient who noticed floaters for the first time should have complete ocular examination to rule out any incomplete vitreous detachments with traction on the retina.

Other causes of floaters are deposits on the vitreous humor which can occur after uveitis in which white blood cells will deposit, after resolved vitreous hemorrhage in which red blood cells will deposit, after cataract surgery especially when there is posterior capsule rupture, after intraocular injections in which drug remnants will deposit in the vitreous.

What are the causes of deposits in the vitreous humor?
1- Causes of uveitis like sarcoidosis, multiple sclerosis, Behçet diseases, leukemia and many other causes of intra-ocular inflammation
2- Causes of intra-ocular infections like syphilis, toxoplasmosis, tuberculosis and CMV retinitis
3- After cataract surgery especially with posterior capsule rupture
4- After YAG laser capsulotomy, in which the laser will be used to create a hole in fibrosed posterior capsule.

How floaters disappear?
1- By brain adaptation, in which your brain will ignore the presence of these floaters and you will no long see them
2- By natural absorption process of the eye, especially of cases that occur after uveitis, vitreous hemorrhage.
3- Treatment of the underlying conditions like with anti-inflammation and antibiotics
4- Vitrectomy, which is the surgery to remove the vitreous. It is indicated when there are large amounts of deposits in the vitreous that did not cleared with time or medications and they affect the vision of the patient.
Seriousness of Black Spots in the Eye

In the majority of cases, floaters are nothing to be worried about and can be nothing more than a minor irritation. However, if you've suddenly experienced a rapid accumulation of black spots over a short period of time then some studies suggest that you may have more permanent damage such as a retina break or a haemorrhage in the vitreous body of the eye. In this case you seek the advice of an experienced ophthalmologist without delay.

In some instances the black floaters can be prominent enough to obscure the vision of an individual even to the point of disabling that person. Again, it is recommended that you seek professional advice regarding the condition just to make sure that you don't a more serious underlying problem.

Options for TreatmentThere are a number of things that you can do to remove the black spots from your vision. The most effective method is surgery however it is quite an invasive procedure, doesn't come without risk, costs quite a lot of money and should be taken through private healthcare and requires substantial recovery time after the operation. I would only recommend that this option is considered if the black floaters are hampering your vision to the point of being a disability.

Natural means of removing floaters are being increasingly used and many people have reported good results from supplementation of various substances that are used within the eye to promote healing and the production of new tissue. The most successful results have been obtained by combining a series of eye exercises (usually following William Bates' guidelines) with supplementation of substances like lutein.

In Summary
The large majority who suffer from black spots in the eye don't have anything to worry about for the long term health of their eye or vision. If you're starting to feel that your floaters are hampering your vision in certain situations then it's certainly worth experimenting with natural ways to remove them as results can usually be attained within as little as a few weeks. More serious vision obscuring floaters that have appeared abruptly could well be a sign of an underlying retina break or haemorrhage and professional advice should be sought immediately.

Most people don't realize this, but...
Here's a real eye opener - A large majority of floater sufferers are able to improve or even completely remove their black spot floaters naturally without surgery. To discover the 3 things you can do to remove black spot floaters from your vision naturally and from home then Click Here.

11 comments:

  1. Black spots in eye is one kind of disease which is called cataract in eye. It is very danger disease because people can loss their eye without getting treatment.

    What is Ophthalmology

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Click Here" link at the end of the document doesn't work. Can you please re-post it, as I would like to know what kinds of exercises I can do to remove my black spot floaters. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing such wonderful information!. Glaucoma is the second leading cause of blindness in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any Kind of black spot in eye could be cataract, only the expert can diagnosis it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good post indeed! It is shows that laser eye surgery is the safest procedure. Thanks for sharing such type of information. Yaldo Eye Center

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am indeed very happy for my life; I never thought that I will live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from Glaucoma since birth, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, hospitals have been my every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby but until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how a doctor helped someone in curing his Molluscum Contagiosum disease with natural herbs quickly I copied his link https://drhazzanherbalcent.wixsite.com/cure and email dr.hazzanherbalcentre@gmail.com I spoke to him, he told me about the cure and what to do which I did, he told me that he is going to ship the cure to me which he did, then he gave me prescriptions of using it and after 5weeks i was checked and confirmed free. it looks miraculous and you too can try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Herbal medicine is the best ����Greetings I am here to testify how great man called Dr OMO helped me out with herbs and roots which he prepared for me in use of curing my fibroids and Getting pregnant after 8 years of try to conceive with fibroids I takes his product (cure for my fibroid made with herbal medicine Root) for (21) days before I am to known I was totally pregnant after 2months of using dr omo herbs he also have Herbal medical for all types of diseases, and i promised him that i will tell the world about his Great job he ask me to drink from the herbal medicine before meeting my husband I did and after 2months I was pregnant thank you for your great job he can also help you if you have a low sperm count you want to convince a baby fast PCOS ,infections, HIV/ AIDS stomach ulcer ,u Endometriosis cancer, yeast infection, fibromyalgia, Tuberculosis Gonorrhea, Chronic pain , LUPUS, low testosterone, Herpes, blocked fallopian tubes Liver parasites ovarian cysts Arthritis, pile, ALS, Crowns and all other type of diseases, breast cancer, Get lost period back, stop period pain, Email : dromo596@gmail.com WhatsApp him on +2349033505260 thank you..Dr Omo. Please help me share and save others God bless you all

    ReplyDelete
  8. my 16 year old daughter,jane, was diagnosed of herpes 1 month now. ever since then,we have been going from one hospital to the other. she have also tried all sorts of pills but all efforts to get rid of the virus was not successful.i started combing the web to sought for any other means of saving my daughter.just then,i came across a comment on dr alieaotor. herbal treatment and decided to give it a try.he prepared d herbs and sent it to us.my daughter used it as directed and not up to two weeks,my daughter regained her health..dr alieaotor cures all kinds of sickness like herpes,fibroid,HIV/AIDS,Tuberculosis etc… contact him on ..WhatsApp +2347042731673 or email him udoherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good day everyone i am from zambia, I have this
    great opportunity to share this testimony about
    how I get cure for my HIV,Two years ago I was
    HIV positive so I was suffering from it I was
    doing one thing or the order to get a cure there
    was know way for it so I was on my research on
    the internet I saw a testimony of a young man,
    about how DR udo get a cured for HIV
    with his herbal medicine I was surprise and I
    do not believe I said okay let me try him I
    contact him that night on his email and he gave
    me instructions and I follow it he told me what
    to do and I did it, after a week he sent to me
    the medicine true DHL he told me how to use it
    and I did exactly how he instructed me to use it,
    after two weeks he told me that I should go for
    test, indeed I did it, and behold I was HIV
    "negative" am so grateful Doctor, now am happy
    with my Husband and two kids I want to use this
    opportunity to say this, please if you have this kind
    of disease called HIV, I want you to contact him on is
    email; DR.(udoherbalhome@gmail
    .com) or whatsapp
    him +2347042731673 also help you get a cure for HPV, HERPES,
    CANCER,disease and he can cure you from any kind of diseases
    with his herbal medicine. all you have to do is to believe
    him. thank you my Dr udo may god bless you.....

    ReplyDelete